JUST NOT THAT EASY

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cookie exchange party

I am not a great bakers, but since my daughter is starts to understands things and is wants to help I thought it just my work

I thought would be a great idea to host a cookie exchange party since my older daughter turned 3 and like to participate in kitchen activities. Since I don't have much (or almost any0 EXPERIENCE) in cookie baking, I needed help. And that were Hershey's came to help. I generously supplied me and my party with everything I needed for starting and finishing my cookie baking - delicious Hershey's kisses, cocoa powder, cookie mix, recedes, and even an apron.


Yey to the First Annual Cookie Party with kids!

This was a very interesting experience, I have to say! The kids were excited and very helpful. I even had to donate my coolest apron to the biggest helper.

We had few moms with kiddos come over and cook with us. None of us really had much baking cookies experience (from scratch that is), so recipe cards were like a rescue pack for us. Yeah, they were in demand even among the little helpers. I think at least a couple of the cards will appear in the kids' scrap books.

It was such a blast! Kids helped mix and make the little balls

Instructions were easy to follow and the results were amazing. First, we tried sugar cookies with Hershey's kisses on the middle. They looked so delicious and tasted even better.


Simply follow the sugar cookie recipes and just when you pull the tray out of the oven, put the Hershey's kisses on the middle.

We also made

KISSES Cocoa Cookies

And what a choice it was, I have to tell you. It really doesn't take long, but it is so good with powder sugar on the top and the yummy Hershey's kisses on the middle. But why do I talk about it, here us the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 (9 ounce) bag milk chocolate candy kisses
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Combine
    the flour and cocoa, add to the flour mixture, mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Finally, stir in the pecans. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Unwrap chocolate kisses. Mold about 1 tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss. Place 1 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

  1. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Everybody had a good time and enjoyed the party. We even had the goody boxes from Hershey's for everybody to take home.

Thank You for the great party, Hershey's!!!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment